Commercial Field Service Technicians are responsible for the onsite maintenance and operation of large remote solar power plants, Battery Energy Storage Systems and Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, including, but not limited to, site safety & environmental, electrical system maintenance, control systems, field service reporting, and other duties as required to effectively support our clients. This position will work closely with the Operations Team and you must be able to work independently with no supervision and display strong troubleshooting skills. You will be required to work in the field under various conditions including night and weekend work as necessary. Ideal candidates will have a background in field service work, preferably electrical maintenance and troubleshooting in the renewable energy field.
About Pacific Power Solutions (PPS)
PPS (https://ppsusa.net/) is the growing leader in independent O&M services for the Commercial/Utility Solar PV, Energy Storage and EV Charging industries. PPS is a specialist in the market and serves many of the companies leading the Renewables Industry, including asset owners and major equipment manufacturers.
The company has a central operations center and a growing team of highly-trained technicians to provide skilled in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial and utility customers. We have a distinguished reputation in the industry for safety, performance, attention to detail and diligence. We’re the service provider that clients count on to get to the bottom of the issue and make the necessary repairs–often the same day.
As a Commercial Field Service Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Onsite safety and environmental compliance adherence.
- Conducting site safety assessments and identifying all safety hazards on the job site.
- Leading daily safety meetings, and properly generating and completing JHA, LOTO, and other safety-related documentation as per OSHA and site-specific requirements.
- Reviewing and understanding site one line diagrams, drawings & equipment manuals to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Fieldwork including electrical and mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance of site equipment, on-site field reporting, work order completion and other work as needed.
- Performing testing on equipment, including but not limited to insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve trace testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshooting of system performance issues, locating and isolating ground faults and performing repairs to ensure site production loss is eliminated.
- Performing OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewables industry.
- Assuring high-quality work is performed on site.
- Working closely with clients to respond to and resolve production-related issues as they arise in the field.
- Communicating with internal and external customers as required.
- Working closely with the Operations Team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and work orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Generating professional service reports that can be presented to the customer using the proprietary work order platform or Microsoft Office.
- Ensuring that all issues at the site are documented in the work order system and are addressed in a timely manner.
- Performing planned and unplanned overtime and night work as required.
- Travel, as needed.
High School Graduate
Formal electrical training or 3 years’ equivalent experience in field service work.
Electrical–Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) from relevant state.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong work ethic, be a self-starter and work with little to no supervision.
- Strong electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- A strong understanding of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- A valid state driver’s license.
- Technical knowledge of solar PV and/or EVSE, Energy Storage-related applications.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using CRM Reporting platforms to generate, track and complete site work order requirements.
- Experience with using PV Power plant / BESS / EVSE control and monitoring systems to diagnose plant problems and monitor daily site performance and operations.
- The ability to understand and work within company business processes and ensure an efficient working environment.
- The ability to demonstrate safe work practices and quality standards.
- The ability to work within a project team and spend long hours independently.
- The ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Must be willing to do what it takes to produce successful results.
Working at PPS requires:
- Working in all elements–depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain and snow.
- Performing work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
- Working in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms. Working around high voltages and currents.
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including arc flash rated uniform, EH rated boots, hard hat and safety glasses, at all times.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers.
- Working days, nights, weekends and overtime as required.
- Lifting 50lbs or more.
- Travel is frequently required–up to 85%, sometimes for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Company vehicle issued after 90 days of employment.
PPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.